A prior knowledge of basic Anatomy and Physiology (A&P) is expected from Bowen Therapy students (prior to training) who intend to work professionally in this field. Students may already have a relevant qualification but if not, there are basic refresher courses available (such as the FHT accepted course below) which can be taken online.
A more thorough knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology (AP&P) is expected from those therapists wishing to become a Full Member of the BTPA or to register with the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC). This could be an ITEC or VTCT Level 3 diploma in AP&P (or equivalent diploma) which requires an exam to be passed.
BTPA recognises diploma qualifications in AP&P from the following organisations:
There are many courses that would provide the necessary A&P experience. Correspondence courses that involve a written exam at the end are also considered acceptable. If you have any queries or need help finding a course near you, please get in touch with the Membership Office - email@example.com.
E-learning experts Essential Training Solutions are delighted to work with the BTPA to provide an online accredited course in Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology.
Course price: £340 (before discount)
Discount code: BTPA (this needs entering in the COUPON box)
Discount amount: £25
The VTCT Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology online course offers the following:
- VTCT course registration including VTCT lifelong membership
- All examination fees
- 24/7 online access for the duration of your course
- The Essential Anatomy & Physiology Study Manual
- The Complete Pathology for Complementary Therapies book
- Free access to the ETS Resource Centre
- Free access to the ETS Health and Safety Resource
- Unrivaled and unlimited student support
Course price: £70 (before discount)
Discount code: BTPA10 (this needs entering in the COUPON box)
Discount amount: 10% (£7)
The FHT Anatomy and Physiology Online Level 3 Accredited course has the following features:
- Fully supported
- Free access to the ETS Resource Centre with links to videos, animation, and other resources to further support your study if you choose, without slowing you down
- Interactive tutorials and online assessments mean you can study completely from home
- Immediate online marking of assessments so no written assignments to be posted
- No required attendance whatsoever
- ETS even guarantees your success!
BTPA will also accept qualification certificates from the following colleges:-
The S.E.E.D. Institute – www.theseedinstitute.co.uk/AP2.htm
The College of Body Science – www.collegeofbodyscience.com
If A&P has been gained as part of another training e.g. Medical, Homeopathy, Acupuncture, a copy of that certificate will be acceptable.
A suitable A&P course may be found at a local college which offers courses in Beauty or Complementary Therapies.
If you know of any A&P courses that we could list here, or run a course yourself, please get in touch (firstname.lastname@example.org).